View of the Antico Spedale del Bigallo on the hills surrounding Firenze
At the gates of Florence, in the heart of Tuscany, the Antico Spedale del Bigallo welcomes you along the old road to Arezzo. Here the magnificence of the XIII-century building, combined with the splendid setting of the valley full of vineyards and olive groves, offers a unique experience to appreciate the atmosphere and the typical flavors of the area.
You can get information on the Antico Spedale del Bigallo HERE.
You can download the BROCHURE of the Antico Spedale del Bigallo.
HOW TO REACH THE ANTICO SPEDALE DEL BIGALLO
The Antico Spedale del Bigallo is located closely Firenze, in the Bagno a Ripoli area along the old way to Arezzo.
The address is
Antico Spedale del Bigallo, Via del Bigallo e Apparita, 14, 50012 Bagno a Ripoli FI
GPS Coordinates: 43.73868151423529, 11.350557576612204.
By shuttle bus
Alterini bus makes available a 28-sits bus bridging the distance from Piazzale Montelungo to the conference site and back every day.
The shuttle bus is free and must be booked in advance. Due to the limited number of sits, please book it no later than April 19th writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the same reason, this shuttle bus is strictly available for the attendees not working or living in the Firenze city and province. The Organizing Committee will accept the requests until the bus capacity will be filled.
The bus will start every morning (from April 20th to April 22nd) at Piazzale Montelungo (see the map below) close to the Firenze Santa Maria Novella station and will bring the attendees back after the conference events and closure.
April 20 Departure 8:30 – return 20:30
April 21 Departure 8:30 – return 22:30
April 22 Departure 8:30 – return 18:00
An email confirmation with more detailed information will be sent to whomever has booked the shuttle bus.
For any emergency you can call +39 333 1152917.
Approaching Firenze from South or North along the motorway A1/E35, take the exit “Firenze Sud”, then continue on via Marco Polo and take the exit “Pontassieve / Bagno a Ripoli”.
Turn right and take Viale Europa, continue on Via Pian di Ripoli, then following the signs, turn right into Via degli Olmi and then the first on the left, Via Roma.
Continue along via Roma, then via del Bigallo and Apparita, climbing the hills. The Bigallo is on the right, number 14. Signs for “Antico Spedale del Bigallo” are guiding you along the road.
A public free parking is available nearby the Antico Spedale del Bigallo.
If you are traveling from Rome, Bologna, Milan or Pisa, get off at Firenze S.Maria Novella railway station. You can take a taxi or a bus to Spedale del Bigallo.
“Useful” airports to get to Firenze are: Firenze A. Vespucci, Pisa G. Galilei, Bologna G. Marconi, Roma Fiumicino and Milano Malpensa.
- From Firenze airport you may catch a taxi (20 min.) or a shuttle bus (“Vola in bus”) to the Firenze S. Maria Novella railway station.
- From Pisa airport, bus connections (“Terravision” or “Autostradale”) will bring you to the Firenze S. Maria Novella railway station in about one hour.
- From Bologna airport you can get a shuttle bus to the Bologna Centrale railway station from where you’ll get to Firenze S. Maria Novella in about half an hour.
- From Roma Fiumicino airport the fast train connection “Leonardo Express” brings you to “Roma Termini” railway station in 40 minutes. There, the “FrecciaRossa” fast train brings you to Firenze S. Maria Novella in about 90 minutes.
- From Milano-Malpensa airport you can take a shuttle train bringing you to the “Porta Garibaldi” railway station in Milano. Unfortunately no connections to Firenze are available at this station; you must reach the “Milano Centrale” station by undergrund (a few minutes) from where you can take a “FrecciaRossa” fast train to Firenze (about 90 minutes)
You can take a taxi or a bus at Firenze Santa Maria Novella to Spedale del Bigallo.
From Firenze Santa Maria Novella to Bagno a Ripoli you can catch a bus of the urban lines (INFOBUS):
Line 8 – From the Florence ring (Viali Circonvallazione, 5-min walk) to I Ponti. Get off at the Sorgane Piazza Rodolico stop.
Line 23 – From the Florence ring (Viali Circonvallazione, 5-min walk) to Sorgane Piazza Rodolico. Get off at the Sorgane Piazza Rodolico stop.
From Sorgane Piazza Rodolico to Bigallo:
Line 24 to Osteria Nuova. Get off at Rome 21 stop. From here you can reach the Antico Spedale del Bigallo on foot (1km) or by shuttle (by reservation).
For any emergency during the conference you can call +39 333 1152917.
The main taxi lines are:
Radio Taxi CO.TA.FI +39 055 4390 or +39 055 4499
Radio Taxi SO.CO.TA. +39 055 4242 or +39 055 4798
For a taxi in the Bagno a Ripoli area contact:
Taxi Line +39 055 630695